Season Two graduates from the college campus and into an all-new location, as a terrifyingly funny murder mystery will begin once again. This time, the show will be set in a hospital, where some of the most fascinating and bizarre medical cases are under observation.
- The Chanels have been legally released from the asylum and will be attending medical school to study to become doctors.
- The Chanels will be freed in a "Making a Murderer" kind of way.
- After abolishing the college Greek system and traveling the world in search of a new mission, Cathy Munsch has decided to buy and run the hospital where the Chanels are enrolled with the goal of taking on incurable cases and fixing the broken system.
- Zayday Williams graduated from Wallace University in two years and is now training as a physician under Munsch.
- Hester Ulrich will not be the killer this season. However, she will be "intimately involved" with the murder and mayhem that will ensue within the walls of the hospital.
- After spending some time training in Quantico, Denise Hemphill has been promoted to a high-ranking FBI agent and will become an integral part of the hospital murder investigation.
- There will be three new male cast members, who will all play "studly" doctors. The actors will be in their late 20s or early 30s.
- Chanel will "not look as 'Chanel' as she did before". She will receive a makeover and have a new love interest, played by a "very, very handsome man".
- There will be a time jump between the first and second seasons.
- There will be more horror film and pop culture references in this season.
- This season will be a lot "darker" than Season One.
- This season will have high levels of "confusion", and the characters will interact with patients "oddly".
- The hospital setting will draw inspiration from the classic horror franchise Halloween, which was partially set in a hospital and starred Curtis in four installments.
- Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, and Ian Brennan officially started production of Season Two on February 18, 2016.
- Filming for the second season of Scream Queens is being relocated to Los Angeles after shooting its first season in New Orleans.
- Filming for the second season will begin in July 2016.
- Emma Roberts as Chanel Oberlin
- Lea Michele as Hester Ulrich
- Billie Lourd as Chanel #3
- Abigail Breslin as Chanel #5
- Glen Powell as Chad Radwell
- Keke Palmer as Zayday Williams
- Jamie Lee Curtis as Cathy Munsch
- Niecy Nash as Denise Hemphill